Friday, January 25, 2013

Starting Out

Baby got Boobs AND Back
Ms. Muscles with her 2013 look
I've started blogging for a couple reasons. 
One reason is that I think it will help me keep things straight in my own head as far as what animations, comics etc. I'm currently working on and their relative priorities.

Another reason is that I thought some people might be intersted in getting some visibility into what I'm working on, the content creation process I use,  and what's in the pipeline/what's coming up on strongandstacked.com, begiantess.com and my deviant art page.

Maybe some quick history is in order to explain how I got to where I am right now with the deviant art page and my two websites.

The way I first got into creating BE and FMG material was by playing with Daz Studio. I'd seen some great BE images and movies out there, created by Ricky Java and others, and wanted to try to make some material like that just for my own enjoyment.

After playing around with Daz for a while in 2006 and 2007 I got proficient enough in making simple BE and FMG animations that I decided to create a deviantart page where I could post them to share with people.

So for a year or two I posted animations and used simple text to speech websites to create dialog for them.  People seemed to like the animations and I got feedback and requests to do more. 

Sometime in 2008 I happened to bump into a site named amazonix.com.  That website featured Poser comics involving muscular big busted women.  It got me thinking that hey, maybe I could create a website.  I contacted the guy who created amazonix.com and had a few email conversations with him about how he'd gotten the website started.

Then in 2009 I decided to take the plunge and create my first website, strongandstacked.com.  I was a lover of huge breasts and so I knew that I wanted BE and big breasts to be one subject area for the site.  But I also loved busty women with huge muscles, and so I wanted to make FMG and muscle women also be a part of the site.

The first thing I did was make set of html pages to make the basic framework of the site.  That basic framework is still in place today.  I made a front door page that had one of those "ok this is an adult site, click here to enter or here to fly away to a non adult place like disney.com" messages.

I had an entry page after that one where people would land when they entered th e site proper.  And then I made a page for all the comics, a page for animations, a page that would list all the site updates.  I knew I wanted to create some publicity for the site, so I created a banner links page where I could post links to other similar sites to mine in the hopes that those sites would also link back to me.

One big dilemna I had early on - and actually haven't completely solved even today - was how to make the site to appeal to both BE/big boobs lovers AND FMG/female muscle growth lovers simultaneously, without turning either group off.

I initially thought well maybe I should split the site into two completely separate websites.  A "strong" website and a "stacked" website.  I abandoned that idea and thought about somehow making a division within the single website so that users could take a fork in the road toward viewing the BE stuff or the FMG stuff.

My big fear was that by having the content all mixed together, I would turn off one or the other of the groups of fans.  For boob fans, if they saw FMG content I thought they might react with "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! gross! I just want to see thin beautiful girls with big boobs. Why are you torturing me with these images of women with manly muscles?"  And for the muscle crowd I feared they'd see the BE stuff and react with "why are you showing me these rail thing chicks with huge boobs?  I want to see some muscle!"

I still struggle with this issue.  Trying to sucessfully have both types of content in the site and be able to appeal to both groups of fans without turning the other group off.

There are crossover people - like myself - who like both types of content.  For me the one common thing has to be big boobs. I love huge boobs!  I love them on slim girls. I love them on hulking muscular girls.  But I love huge boobs!

So I decided I'd just go ahead and put both types of content on the site, BE and FMG, and that I'd have huge boobs on the girls no matter whether they were muscular or not.  I'd put all that in the mix and let the chips fall where they may.

So I got all of that basic framework together and then I started creating content.  My naive thought at the time was: I'm going to create TONS of content!  I'm not going to be like all those other sites out there that don't update very often.  I'm going to generate avalanches of content - enough to post like two comics and two animations every single week!

I was thinking, all those other webmasters/content creators out there must be lazy.  My site is going to blow by them all because what will set my site apart is frequent creation of content!

And when I started, I did try to do that.  What I found is that the relentless requirement of creating content can grind a content creator down over time.

It is very, very hard to create content week in and week out.  And I'll get more into that in future blog posts.  It's something that I struggle with a lot and part of my desire to begin blogging is to explore ways in which I can manage to create a lot of content on a regular and timely basis AND keep the quality bar high.

Ok I think that's enough for my initial kick off blog post.

I'll write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment