Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Raw Images, Comic Life

From the get go when I started up strongandstacked.com, and later with begiantess.com too, I decided to post not only the pages of the comics I created, with the dialog on them, but also the raw images I had used to make those comics.  I didn't see too many sites doing that, so I thought well maybe this will be another differentiator from other sites.  I also knew that for my own preferences when I'm reading comics from other sites, I often want to be able to see the images without the dialog.  Sometimes I find that the story that's being told in words along with the images is interesting and arousing, and other times I think that just the stories I come up with in my imagination are more appealing to me when looking at certain images.

I'm not sure how many people are like me, but I thought it would be a good idea to always make available the raw images I'd created for the comics, without the accompanying dialog that I put onto them for the finished comic. That way people get both things.  The finished comic, with all the dialog I create, and a set of raw images so they can spin whatever fantasy they want from those images without my accompanying dialog.  I'm curious as to whether people like that, and whether they find that having the raw images available is a good thing for the website.  For all I know, maybe people just download the comic pages with the dialog and skip downloading the raw images.  Or vice versa.  It would be interesting to hear from people on that.

If people do ever want to make their own homemade comics from the images I've created, one program you can use to do that is Comic Life by Plasq.  Plasq actually has two products: Comic Life and Comic Life 2.  I use Comic Life for creating the comics on strongandstacked and begiantess.  I bought both Comic Life and Comic Life 2, but Comic Life 2 crashes for me a lot.  At any rate, if you ever want to just take the images I create and layer your own dialog onto them to make yourself a home made specialized comic, one way to do that is using Comic Life.  It's pretty cheap and I think they may also have a free trial version.


One time I had a request from someone to take one of my BE comics where I'd created it having assertive confident girls, and redo the dialog to make them more submissive and slutty.  I did that one or two times as a one off and made the comic available just to the person who had requested it that way.

Not sure how many people would be interested in having an alternate take on some of the comics I have created.  Say I made a version of some of those comics where I kept all the images but redid the dialog.  Or maybe I should ask readers if they want to give that a shot and I could have a contest or something and post the reversioned comic that wins the contest.  Just brainstorming here.  This blog post mainly is about the fact that I put the raw images on the site, and I am curious as to whether people find that a plus for the site or whether they are kind of indifferent to it and would rather just have the finished comic frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment