Sunday, March 17, 2013

Big BE Animation Will Be Posted Today

Segment from BE Animation for Deviantart
Another Segment from Deviantart Animation
Dynamic Clothing on Sphere Tits
Dynamic Clothing on Sphere Tits, Different Texture
Dynamic Clothing on Sphere Tits, Blue
Ok Screw Dynamic Clothing, Naked Sphere Tits!


 Dynamic Clothing Over Sphere Tits is Dicey
In the past few blog posts, I mentioned how I'd been playing with the use of Dynamic Clothing over the spherical tit props that I created .  At first the results seemed promising.  But I ran into some roadblocks.

I'll go into the road blocks I hit in more detail below, but the punchline of the story is that for now I've decided to just create a BE animation using the spherical tits WITHOUT any dynamic clothing and post it up on DeviantArt later today.

So the animated gifs you see in this post are snippets from that BE animation, and you'll be able to get it in its entirety from my Deviant Art Page starting later today.

And now, here's why the deviant art animation I am posting later today will have huge growing tits but will not have dynamic clothing ...

Dynamic Clothing + Sphere Tits in Daz 3
Initially I took a crack at having dynamic clothing on top of the spherical tits in Daz Studio 3.  When I did that, it actually looked pretty good (see earlier posts).  But there were some problems.

The biggest roadblock was that for some reason when I'd have the software go ahead and fit the clothing over the tits, it would grind away at doing that and would look great.  But once it was finished, if I moved the animation slider to let me see how it looked on each individual frame, the software would forget the fitting it had done and the shirt would slump down as though the tits weren't there.

This was incredibly frustrating because I run Daz 3 on a quadcore machine which is running a 32 bit version of WindowsXP and has only 3 gig of memory or so.  So running the calculations to fit the shirt over the tits takes a fair amount of time, and seeing it just evaporate and knock me back to square one over and over sucked.

The second problem with the set up I had going for Daz 3 was that rendering time is very long.  Like I said, its only a quadcore machine, and so with raytracing it really struggles.  As important is that its running with a 32 bit os as described above and so the amount of ram available is not fantastic

So I finally decided to bite the bullet and just start the project over again on my other machine - a 6 core machine running Windows 7 64 bit with 16 gig of ram and Daz Studio 4.

Dynamic Clothing + Sphere Tits in Daz 4

On the plus side, render times were way faster.  And computation of the fit of the dynamic clothing over the tits was way faster.  And the problem of losing the saved fitting computations was gone - it seemed to remember the fit perfectly even when I was moving the animation slider around

On the minus side, I don't know what changed in the fitting algorithm for dynamic clothes between Daz Studio 3 and Daz Studio 4,  but the fit seemed to have lots of problems.  I haven't posted all the screenshots here, but all sorts of weird things were happening

There was a lot of poke through, where you'd see small parts of the tits playing peekaboo through the cloth.  Sometimes the cloth just kind of slumped and bunched up

After burning a few days playing with it, I finally decided, ok. I can't waste any more time playing with this.  The clock is ticking for updating my sites.

That's when I decided to abandon the dynamic clothing over tits for now and just go with a naked BE animation and then get my sites updated.
 
Possible Next Steps

There is some promise in this idea.  I think it may be that for animations it is very tough to get dynamic clothing in Daz Studio that will reliably create a good looking BE sequence without poke through or bunching up or other headaches.

I may just start using dynamic clothing for still pictures.  Its a bit more controllable than to make it look good through an entire animation

I may dig more into the dynamic clothing controls documentation to see if there is something I am missing

And one other possibility would be for me to try using Poser for this stuff instead of Daz Studio.  Maybe dynamic clothing in Poser behaves better

But for now I'm under a time crunch and I just have to shelve this and get some stuff cranked out for my sites.

So step 1 is going to be getting this deviant art BE animation with the sphere tits (but without dynamic clothes) finished and posted to deviant art. That will happen today.

Next will be updating my strongandstacked.com and begiantess.com sites with new comics.  Had wanted to have that happen today, but that is looking like a long shot.

At any rate, that's where I'm at.  Ok gotta get back to work now.









No comments:

Post a Comment