Friday, March 8, 2013

The Evolution of Ms. Muscles

BE Animation Screenshot from DeviantArt
Screenshot from 2nd Animation: She Gets Muscles!
 Ms. Muscles has been one of the most popular characters that I've created.  She's gone through a number of changes over the years, and I thought it might be worth walking through her history and development to chronicle her journey so far

DEVIANT ART

The genesis of Ms. Muscles lies with a Breast Expansion animation that I created for my deviant art page .  For this animation I made a character with blonde hair who looked sort of like Supergirl.  She wasn't muscular, but had huge growing tits and a red cape.

After I posted a BE Animation of this character to my deviant art page, I received a request to do a similar animation, but involving FMG on top of Breast Expansion .  So I created a second animation, this time tweaking the character so that on top of growing huge tits, she also grew huge muscles.  This really was the birth of Ms. Muscles, although she wasn't named that yet

I was busily creating comics for my strongandstacked.com website when a request came in asking for a comic featuring the character I'd had in my deviant art FMG animation.  A woman who would be a super hero with massive muscles and boobs

 MS. MUSCLES ISSUE 01

I took the deviant art character I'd created and came up with a back story for her.  She was a Mammazon, from the planet Mammazonia.  The females on her home planet could fly and had super strength.  They also had the ability to transform into a fairly normal (but very busty) form that didn't have huge muscles.  But at will they could hulk out into a super boobed hypermuscled form.

In that first comic, Ms. Muscles had the look of the deviant art character.  She had long blonde hair (Super Kyra hair for Poser).  Her boobs were created using injectors from Will Dial (they are freebies in the renderosity free section) .  And her muscles were a combination of some hypermuscled morphs that Stone3D had created coupled with Victoria 4 morphs.

Things came together pretty well for her look except that when she was hulked out, her face looked somewhat like an overweight person's face.  The reason for that is that the Victoria 4 morphs I was using to hulk her up were full body morphs that not only bulked up her torso and muscles but had the somewhat undesired side effect of bulking up her face

MS. MUSCLES ISSUE 02: CAPE PROBLEMS. HAIR PROBLEMS.

While working on the second issue of Ms. Muscles, I realized that her long hair was causing me many headaches.  When she muscled up, the hair would crash through her huge muscles into her body.  The hair crashed into her cape even when she wasn't muscled up.

And speaking of her cape... that was crashing into her muscles too.  So a pattern I started following for many subsequent Ms. Muscles comics was to come up with something that destroyed her cape during each issue.  Sometimes it caught fire and burned off.  Sometimes an explosion blew it off.  Basically whatever I could do to get that damned cape off so I didn't have to deal with posing it in a way that didn't crash into her muscles and through her body

The hair was something that I kept long for this issue.  But next issue...

MS. MUSCLES ISSUE 03: BLONDE AFRO

I was so tired of dealing with her long hair that in Issue 03 I gave Ms. Muscles a new hair style.  I guess you could describe it as a blonde afro.  It's a product that's called Helios Hair for Poser and Daz Studio.  It had the virtue of being short and not colliding with Ms. Muscles huge muscles.

I did get some feedback that people didn't like the new hair.  And people liked the cape :)  But for a while I had Ms. Muscles sport this new do and I had her go sans cape as much as possible

MS. MUSCLES ISSUE 09 : LEAVING EARTH

Ms. Muscles continued to have a similar look from issue 3 onward - the short hair, often no cape.  But the storylines did change and evolve over time.

I did a number of stories where Ms. Muscles was doing various things on her adopted planet of Earth.  But eventually I wanted to kick off a storyline that would take her into space and would ultimately lead at some point to a showdown between her and the Queen of her home planet Mammazonia

In Issue 9 I took the plunge and got Ms. Muscles off world.  I had her taking on some warships in space.  This brings up a problem that I've had with Ms. Muscles, and which I think has been a problem for Superman writers for years.  You can get to a power level point with a character where nothing ends up being a challenge for them.

In Issue 9 I had Ms. Muscles tossing around huge starships that weigh thousands of tons.  If she can do that, its starting to get to the point where the sky is the limit for her.  What could possibly be a challenge?


MS. MUSCLES ISSUE 10 : GIVING HER A CHALLENGE

I decided to give Ms. Muscles a challenge by having her chained up with chains made from some hyper dense material and then having an antagonist use a super powered menacing drill/sextoy on her.

I'm not sure how much peole liked this story - in issue 10.  It involved essentially a rape of Ms. Muscles with the aforementioned sextoy.  And eventually it involved Ms. Muscles killing her tormentor using that sextoy.  It departed a bit from the previous stuff I'd done with Ms. Muscles where she didn't usually kill people - at least not in a close up and personal way like this

But I wanted to experiment around with her doing different things than she'd done before and so I tried this


MS. MUSCLES ISSUE 11 : A NEW LOOK ACHIEVED WITH TWO BODIES

After issue 10, I wanted to give Ms. Muscles' look an overhaul. I knew people liked the long hair.  So I wanted to bring that back.  And I'd always wanted to solve the problem of having Ms. Muscles face kind of bulk up when her body hulked out

I'm amazed at Tigersan's ability to create hypermuscled hulking women who manage to have a normal sized non bulked out beautiful face .  He's a virtuoso of digital sculpting.  I'm not.  But I wanted to at least solve the problem of Ms. Muscles' face being big and bulked out.  The solution I came up with, which I put into place in issue 11, was crude but effective

I ended up using two Victoria 4 models for every shot.  I had to pose both models in lock step.  Both models had the same textures on them for skin etc.  But one model was hypermuscled and bulked up while the other model was normal sized and non muscular .  I used visibility settings to make the head of the hypermuscled model invisible, and everything EXCEPT the head on the regular sized model invisible.

So from issue 11 onward. Ms. Muscles' head is coming from a normal sized model where I hide the rest of the body.  And her hypermuscled body is coming from a second model where I make the head invisible.  Two models kind of merged together.

It makes it kind of a pain in the ass to pose her.  Because I have to pose each model separately and make sure they stay in sync.  But it achieves a regular sized beautiful non hulked out face coupled with a hypermuscled body.

For issue 11 to explain her hair being long all of a sudden again, I decided to make it a kind of prequel story showing Ms. Muscles landing on Earth for the first time.  When I resumed the normal storyline in issue 12, I stuck with the long hair and didn't really explain how it got long.   But I made the decision to just use the long hair from now on for her, and the new face.

ISSUE 13 : BIG ARMS

I'd gotten some feedback that Ms. Muscles had the perfect body... ALMOST.  Massive tits - hell yes.  Huge hulking muscles - mostly.  The one area that I received some complaints about were her arms.  They just didn't look buff enough

So in issue 13 I took a crack at making them bigger. MUCH bigger.  And I think it worked out pretty well for her whole look.  All I did was just increase the scale of her arms.  And the bulked up very nicely

And this is the look I've had so far from Issue 13 onward.  Long hair.  Normal sized beautiful face (achieved by using one model for her body, a second model for her normal sized head).  And huge scaled up arms.

WHITHER MS. MUSCLES?

I try to get back to the Ms. Muscles storyline from time to time among the other stuff I am working on for my websites.  My rough plan for her is to have her move toward a big showdown with the Mammazonian Queen.  After that - I'm not sure.   But she definitely is one of the anchor characters on strongandstacked.com.

I'm always happy to hear brainstorming ideas for what to do with her

































No comments:

Post a Comment